Monday, December 3, 2007

Huckabee, The Pogo-Stick Jumper

I'm surprised it has taken this long for people to pay attention to Huckabee. He's likeable and a great speaker that lights up a room with candid humor. I think he suffered from the packed field of candidates and has recently benefitted from Brownback's departure.

That said.......I can't stand him--he's less self-righteous than Brownback was, but the only thing he brings to the table is that he is a certified evangelical.

If I was only a social conservative, I'd consider him a good alternative to Mitt Romney, but seeing how much I love a strong economy and military too, I could never vote for Huckabee. Besides standing up for family values, Huckabee is pretty liberal:


Sorry folks, a one-legged stool is not what this country need. How long will Huck last jumping on his pogo stick (social conservatism) before we decide we need someone with a stable foundation to lead our country?

No comments: