Thursday, May 24, 2007

Romney Not Anti-Gay!

In Jacksonville FL, here's what Mitt said today (click here to read the whole article)

"What you look for in a leader is someone who will welcome and treat with respect people who made different choices and have different beliefs in their lives and have differences. I have nothing but respect and feelings of tolerance for people with differences from myself and feel that way with regards to those who are gay," he said.

He noted that one of his Cabinet members was gay and that he appointed gays to positions of responsibility in his administration.

"I oppose discrimination against gay people," Romney said. "I am not anti-gay. I know there are some Republicans, or some people in the country who are looking for someone who is anti-gay and that's not me."

He said he is opposed to gay marriage because it's not in the best interest of children.

No comments: